These wonderful, healthy, little (or big!) balls of energy are the result of being bored at 10:00 at night and playing in the kitchen. The good news? They’re super easy, healthy AND no baking required!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed well
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup almond butter (I prefer Justin’s, but any kind will work!)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- In a medium saucepan, (make sure it’s not too small like mine was or you will make a mess!) combine the mashed banana, almond milk and butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat over medium to medium-low heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook until the mixture begins to thicken up, about 10 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the oats a little at a time (YES it should be that sticky!)
- Using a scoop or spoon, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let cool to room temperature (I would stay clear of the fridge, they fall apart if too cold!) and serve.