Hola amigos! I stumbled across this recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers, Minimalist Baker a few weeks ago. You guys, I think I fell in love with these. It’s like eating dessert for breakfast and it doesn’t make you feel like a failure before noon. A win-win if I do say so myself… I just tweaked a few things from the original, so here’s my version of the crowd pleasing sopapilla pancake stack!
- 1 cup gluten free flour (or regular if not GF)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (you read that right, a whole tablespoon)
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 2 Tbsp melted, non-dairy butter (Earth-Balance is my favorite brand)
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure out milk in a large liquid measuring cup, then add vanilla and melted butter and whisk.
- Add wet to dry and gently, slowly whisk until just combined. Small lumps are fine – don’t overmix.
- Let set for 5 minutes while you preheat your griddle to medium-low heat.
- Once hot scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto a griddle or pan lightly greased with non-stick spray. (I like using coconut oil spray for pancakes!)
- Flip when bubbles appear on top – 2-3 minutes. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Place on a large plate and keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready for serving.
- Top with non-dairy butter, cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of warm agave nectar. (honey if not vegan)