Hey everyone! So last night, I posted on Instagram (@veggiekravings) about a new overnight oat flavor that I was working on and they’re finally ready to share! I’ve been trying to create this flavor for a while now and I think I finally figured it out!
These are really easy and you should have most, if not all, of the ingredients just chillin’ out in the kitchen somewhere… nothing fancy going on with this one. I just needed something new since I make overnight oats so often and this flavor is definitely a keeper!
This recipe is quick, simple and you will feel like you’re eating pie out of a jar in the morning! Here we go!
Organic rolled oats
Organic cinnamon apple sauce
Cashew milk (or any non-dairy milk)
Pure vanilla extract
*again, I never measure anything out for overnight oats, it’s really just a preference on consistency and taste!
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (oats, chia seeds and cinnamon) together
- Then, in a mason jar, layer oat mixture, milk, maple syrup and apple sauce until the jar is about halfway filled, put the lid on and shake until combined
- Once half of the mixture is combined, break walnuts into smaller pieces and add as many as you like into the jar
- Layer the rest of the oats with more milk and applesauce and shake again
- At this point, your oats should be pretty wet, if too dry, keep adding milk
- Screw lid on tightly and place in refrigerator over night (if your oats are too dry in the morning, you can add more milk again)
*Extra Tips: To get a more authentic apple pie feel, chop up a green apple and trow into the mixture the next morning! You can also add more walnuts in the morning as well as a sliced banana (my personal favorite!!) to give it an extra boost.
If you have any requests on flavors, post them in the comments and I will see if I can make it happen! Make sure to share what you come up with as well, I’d love to see your pictures!