What started as a simple gesture in just four bathrooms has somehow turned into something bigger than I ever imagined. With the help of my friend Denise, The MPM (Menstruation Proclamation Movement) has a hefty incoming shipment of donated tampons and sanitary napkins.
- c/o FBC Murray
- 203 S. 4th St.
- Murray, KY 42071
SO… how can you help? I’m glad you asked!Spread the word. I’ve posted about the MPM on all of my social media, so you can find it there, OR create your own post using the hashtag #MenstruationProclamation so that I can see what’s going on!
- DONATE!! If you live in the United States and would like to donate products, the shipping address is at the top of this post.
- 50% of donations will go toward filling kits up for college campuses and the other 50% will be taken directly to homeless shelters and homeless women in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Acceptable donations include any brand of tampon and/or sanitary napkins or funding for kits. I will not be taking any donations of medication (for now!) or menstrual cups as the cleaning process is not feasible for many of the women being given the kits.
- Start a drive. Contact your school officials (whether it’s high school or college) and ask them for a space to collect boxes. Then, you can either ship them to me directly OR create your own MPM kits for your local school’s restrooms. (Again, please use the hashtag so that we can see them and share them!)
- Start a conversation. I’m serious, this works. It’s how I started this campaign. Just get someone talking about periods, we treat it like it’s something to be ashamed of and it’s not… it should be celebrated.
Together, we can make a difference for millions of women in this country. Get involved. Join the movement.