I love airports. But I also hate them. We have a love/hate relationship, really. Today, I’m pretty much indifferent. The only thing I’m mad about right now is Starbucks being out of mango flavor for my tea. Whateves. Peach will do.
I have another two hours before my flight, which means I’m sitting here doing nothing. So, here are 11 random thoughts that are running through my head as I sit here, staring. And sipping my not-mango black tea. Peach. Bleh.
- Wow. It’s literally me and a bunch of middle aged men in suits in this airport. This should be a fun flight.
- I really, really wish I was 21. Airport bars seem like the place to be tonight.
- This tea is too sweet. That’s what I get for settling on peach.
- Why do people only have two speeds when maneuvering through airports? Forrest Gump sprints or 95-year-old hip replacement patient slow?
- Why do people get here soooooo early? All they do is sit here and stare out of a window. Geeze.
- Why does it cost $6.50 for a bottle of water?
- Why does it cost $60 for dinner? AT A DINER? Do you even have a gluten free menu?
- I’ve literally read every book they have for sale in this bookstore. I’m in this airport too much.
- Why do all airport bathrooms smell the same? Like dread and vomit. And maybe a little bit of lemon thrown in to balance it out.
- How do people wear shorts on a plane? They’re cold af 100 percent of the time.
- Wow. This blog post only took 10 minutes of my two hour wait. I guess I’ll go find a new Starbucks to sit and people watch new people.
And since I never told you: I’m flying to Savannah, Georgia this time. If you’ve never been there, GO! If I had to live in a city in the south, it’d be this one. For sure.